Saturday, January 10, 2009

Late Night Blues




Its 23:00 hrs IST
Alone in cubicle
Busy at work
Toiling like a jerk
Earning credit points
For year end Perks

Oblivious of time
Unaware of place
I realised an alterego
Intruding my personal space

I miss dinner with family
and missing familiarity
They know me as someone
Who used to be their son

My accoustic guitar
Now an untouched wooden bar
Layers of dust
Piling up on its polished crust

Smile is on a Sabbath
And fun on casual leave
Finger tip lines have faded
By punching acrylic keys

Hanging out with friends
is now an obscure trend
Workstation is my new date
For four consecutive weekends

For few extra cash
I allured in a mesh
Let all priceless moments
Become past in my present

I need a break
My identity is at stake
This is not me
A workaholic Zombie

Family,friends and fun
I need back all of them
Blogs,trekking and guitar
Will be again on 'Must-do' altar
Movies,nightouts and beer
Are making a comeback my dear

Protagonist of this Renaissance
Brainwashed all junk views
A shift in priorities
To ward off 'late night blues'.

*
Its a compilation inspired by anecdotes featuring my friends ( and me) when we started our careers.Finally we all manipulated our new habitats to live on again as happy species in newly introduced corporate culture.

4 comments:

Rohit Khurana said...

every software engineer can relate to it somewhere !

sourabh pahwa said...

yes buddy

Amit Yadav said...

Nicely said - live life!
I am always amazed with your use of words to make your posts flowing...

sourabh pahwa said...

Thanks Amit...